English and French
12,189 square kilometers
US$ 957 million (2019)
Located in the South Pacific Ocean in Oceania, Vanuatu is an archipelago of 80 islands that lie south of the Solomon Islands and east of Queensland, Australia. Vanuatu is also the smallest country of the five independent countries that make up Melanesia. The name Vanuatu means ‘Our Land Forever’ after the country achieved its independence in
1980. Vanuatu is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations.
Vanuatu is known for its dense rainforests and mountainous landscapes. The highest mountain of Vanuatu is called Mount Tabwemasana and is 1,879 meters high.
Since its independence, Vanuatu’s tourism and offshore financial services have emerged as the largest earners of foreign income. Agriculture is also a significant contributor to Vanuatu’s GDP, while beef, copra, timber and cocoa have also become important exports in more recent years.
Because of its mountainous terrain, less than 10% of Vanuatu’s total land is used for agriculture.
Benefits of a Vanuatu Passport
- A Vanuatu passport allows its citizens to travel to 129+ countries including the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Russia, and Schengen countries.
- It is one of the quickest second passport programs – approval takes 10 days and the passport is issued within three months.
- No taxation is levied on capital gains, personal income and inheritance taxes, nor on global income derived from outside Vanuatu.
- Family members, including dependent children and parents over 50, can be included in one application.
- Dual citizenship is acceptable; applicants are not required to renounce their original nationality.
How To Obtain Vanuatu Second Citizenship
Starting from US$ 130,000*
*Additional government-related fees and TFG Global Solutions fees applicable.
List of Visa-Free Countries
*Visa granted upon arrival
**Visa waiver for Diplomatic and Official passports